I got a TON of questions at work this weekend about my heated scarf I wore for high school football playoffs, so I thought I’d do a post on my favorite cold weather essentials!
These are all perfect for chilly football games as a fan or for work like me.
- This heated scarf. I got this as a gift last Christmas and I was so excited to break it out for football season this week. Seriously life changing. It takes three AA batteries.
- Smart wool socks. If you don’t have anything smart wool, you’re missing out. I swear by these socks in the winter and my mom loves their zip-ups and gloves too! They have men’s accessories as well if you need Christmas gift ideas!
- Fleece leggings. I’ve always debated whether leggings or jeans were warmer during the winter… until I got these leggings at Athleta last year. They are fleece lined and so amazing. Athleta has a ton of great cold weather gear.
- Sorel boots. I got my first pair of Sorel boots at the end of college and I haven’t turned back since. These are by far my favorite winter boots. They are warm, but also waterproof so there’s no snow leakage going on in there.
- And lastly, hand warmers. This may seem like an obvious one, but hand warmers are key in staying warm when you’re outside for extended periods of time. I also recently bought toe warmers. The ones I bought were sticky on the bottom and you could place them right where you want in your boots/shoes. I would buy a bunch and keep them in your car, purse, backpack, etc all winter. Great in case of emergencies! (Wow I sound like my mom).
I hope this was helpful!! Living in Michigan for the past 7-8 years has taught me some things about surviving cold winters and how to survive cold football games, too!